The DuPage Mayors and Managers Conference (DMMC), a council of government representing thirty-five municipalities in DuPage County is seeking a motivated, responsible, energetic individual for the position of Transportation Project Manager. Extraordinary team centered organization looking for like-minded team player to join us. Excellent benefits including retirement contribution, health/dental/STD/LTD/life coverage, and paid time off. Starting salary $63,000+ DOQ.
Description of Responsibilities
The Transportation Project Manager coordinates transportation planning and programming activities on behalf of DMMC members, assists with project management on regional studies, provides assistance to members in preparing transportation grant applications for federal and state programs and acts as a liaison for members to various federal, state, county and regional transportation agencies. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Represent the needs of DMMC members to the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP), the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and other transportation and planning agencies.
- Manage the Surface Transportation Program (STP) for the DuPage Council of Mayors, including oversight of project funding and implementation.
- Monitor transportation programs including the Congestion Mitigation & Air Quality Program (CMAQ), the Transportation Enhancement Program (ITEP), Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP), Local Technical Assistance Program and the Community Planning Program to ensure municipal access and understanding.
- Assist with managing various DMMC led initiatives, including the promotion, implementation and updating of the DMMC Multimodal Transportation Plan.
- Disseminate information to DMMC membership via the monthly transportation committee meetings.
- Prepare agendas and minutes for various committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director.
A bachelor’s degree in urban planning, public administration or a related field from an accredited college or university is required. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
A successful candidate for the position will also demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong ability to express oneself clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to work independently.
- Work as part of a strong team
- Proven ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially with elected and appointed local government officials and transportation professionals.
- Working knowledge of federal and state transportation, environment, and economic development programs and agencies is a plus but not required.
Applicants must submit the following items to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter;
- Full resume including education, experience and other relevant responsibilities; and,
- Names and contact information for three professional references that have knowledge of the applicant’s qualifications for this position.
- Salary requirements
Please send all three items via email (must include subject line: DMMC Transportation Project Manager) to Suzette Quintell at [email protected].
Position open until filled.